Since holiday party season is in full swing, I decided to put together a festive yet edgy makeup look together for you. I am not a fan of glittery heavy eye makeup on myself even though I think it looks amazing on other people. I prefer a slightly softer look with just a little flare to it. Since my daily makeup routine involves winged eyeliner, I thought it would be fun to stick with that but add some Christmasy shimmering red to my wing. Simple but impactful!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion or another eyeshadow primer
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (original) or another palette with 2 shades of light brown
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner #10
- MAC Liquid Eyeliner or another precise black liquid liner
- Ardell #151 Soft Touch false lashes or other subtle lashes
- Mascara of your choice
- Lash curler of your choice
- MAC Lipglass in Razzle Dazzler or another nude lipstick/lipgloss
HOW TO DO IT:
- First cover your entire lid with primer all the way up to the brow bone.
- Cover your whole lid with Urban Decay “Naked” or another light brown that is just a couple shades darker than your skin tone. Blend it up into the crease.
- Blend Urban Decay “Buck” or another medium brown into your crease and outer corner.
- Create a dramatic thick wing with the Aqua Liner. Only line the otter 2/3 of your lash line. Have it start thin and get much thicker at the outer corner.
- Make a very thin line of black with the MAC Liquid Liner along the upper lash line right on top of the red. Create a teeny tiny little wing on top of the red wing as well.
- Apply your fake lashes (tip: I always cut off 1/8″-1/4″ of my lash strips so they fit my lash line better and don’t pop up in the inner corner) and curl them to blend with your real lashes.
- Apply your mascara.
- Do any foundation, concealer, contour, blush, and highlight routine that you would normally do, but keep it soft.
- Apply your nude lippie and you’re done!
What sort of makeup will you be wearing to holiday parties this year?